What is a dental implant?
The dental implant is a piece of titanium, zirconium or other material 100% biocompatible with the human body, which takes the place of the root of the tooth, being the best method to replace a lost tooth.
Dental implants are indicated for all age categories, from 18 years to very advanced ages, being the best solution for reconstructing lost teeth, in most cases.
You will feel a dental implant exactly the same as your other teeth and no one will notice the difference compared to natural teeth.
Why choose dental implants treatment at Dental Premier in Bucharest, Romania?
With over 15 years of activity, we are among the first dental clinics to introduce total dental rehabilitation with All-on-4 and All-on-6 dental implants systems in Romania!
- Prices start from 400eur per implant!
- Dental extractions + Dental implants + Fixed teeth in just 24 hours!
- Without pain + Accelerated Healing with Endoret® technology
- Dentists with International Certifications for over 10 years! CERTIFICATE OF EXCELLENCE SKY FAST AND FIXED BY BREDENT!
- Dental clinic at international standards! DENTSPLY SIRONA CENTER OF EXCELLENCE – The World Leader in Dental Technology!
- Extensive experience in complex, durable, functional and aesthetic dental restorations! Over 28.700 dental implants successfully inserted!
THE SUCCESS OF A TREATMENT WITH DENTAL IMPLANTS DEPENDS FIRST ON THE TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE OF THE IMPLANTOLOGIST, then on the techniques, the materials used and the attention to every small detail. THE IMPORTANCE GIVEN TO THE DETAILS RECOMMENDS US!
We solve even the most complicated cases of oral rehabilitation, thanks to our extensive experience in complex, durable, functional and aesthetic restorations at reasonable prices!
Before and after smiles – Dental implants Romania
We invite you to view just a few of the thousands of cases of total dental rehabilitation carried out in our clinic from Bucharest – Romania, with the help of same day implants and crowns.
Over time, we have gained the trust of our patients through non-invasive treatments, using the most meticulous techniques, everything taking place in safe, aseptic conditions and using sterilization methods according to European standards.
In recent years, we have successfully restored the smiles of over 21.000 patients, including over 5.500 cases of full mouth rehabilitation of the upper and lower jaws with All-on-4 / All-on-6 dental implants and fixed teeth or dentures in 24 hours, and over 28.700 same day implants, with immediate loading successfully inserted.
See more cases before and after oral rehabilitation with the help of same day dental implants.
Video – reconstruction of a tooth with a dental implant
The stages of the reconstruction of a premolar with a crown on a dental implant: insertion of the implant, attachment of the prosthetic abutment and the dental crown.
Video – full arch rehabilitation with fixed teeth on dental implants
The stages of the reconstruction of an entire arch with All-on-4 dental implants and fixed dentures: insertion of the implants, attachment of the abutments and the new set o permanent fixed teeth.
What types of dental implants do we use?
At Dental Premier «High Tech Dentistry»®, we exclusively use top quality fast same day dental implants, of the best quality, 100% biocompatible, so that they integrate perfectly into the body. Therefore, we have no cases in which the dental implant was rejected by the body.
The specialists in oral surgery and dental implantology at the Dental Premier clinic Bucharest use the following types of fast same day implants with immediate loading in the case of dental implant restorations or full mouth rehabilitations:
Same day dental implants can be loaded immediately (on the same day or within 24 hours) with FIXED temporary dental prosthesis or crowns (which looks exactly like permanent teeth or dentures), so that the patient benefits from FIXED teeth throughout the treatment, being able to eat and to smile normally, coming back after a period (it varies from case to case, between 2 and 4 months) for the permanent prosthesis or crowns made of composite, porcelain, zirconium, VIP pressed ceramic, etc.
Our specialist doctors in dento-alveolar surgery and dental implantology hold the Certificate of Excellence Fast & Fixed by Bredent!
They have studied dental implantology abroad, they constantly participate in the most prestigious international update or improvement courses, symposia, congresses, workshops, extensive clinical experience in the field being obtained through the successful insertion of thousands of dental implants and through various types of operations to prepare the bone terrain for the application of same day dental implants.
The advantages of dental implants
Dental implants have several advantages, including:
- improve the aesthetic appearance of the smile and the face;
- gives the sensation of natural teeth;
- helps to avoid grinding healthy teeth (unlike restorations with traditional dental bridges);
- helps to regain the function of mastication, preventing the occurrence of gastric problems;
- helps to eliminate phonation defects;
- increase the quality of social life and confidence in one’s own person, through the psychological comfort offered;
- dental implants are very resistant over time (if the doctor’s instructions, hygiene and periodic controls at the office are followed, they can even last a lifetime);
- offers physical comfort, preventing injuries or tooth movements caused by mobile prostheses.
What is the role of the dental implant?
This special dental screw that replaces the root of a tooth or missing mass has several important roles:
- replaces the root of the missing tooth;
- considerably improves the aesthetic appearance;
- stops the atrophy of the jaw bone;
- prevents gum retraction;
- offers the possibility of fixed dental prostheses on implants (in cases where mobile prostheses would otherwise have been needed): permanent full arch fixed prosthesis
Dental implant procedure and stages
The procedure of inserting a dental implant and attaching the dental crown or prosthesis involves the following steps:
- Preparation stage: consultation, OPG x-rays or computer tomograph (through which precise measurements are made and the implant is virtually inserted), assessment of the patient’s state of health through laboratory analyses;
- Surgical stage: the implant is inserted into the maxillary or mandibular bone, then wait between 2 and 6 months, depending on the case (during which time the implant “sticks/welds into the bone”, i.e. it osseointegrates);
- Prosthetic stage: a small incision is made next to the dental implant and a gingival conformer is mounted (which allows the aesthetic healing of the gum), then a transfer abutment is mounted with which an impression is taken for the future crown or prosthesis; in the dental laboratory, the final work is carried out (future teeth or dentures that are fixed by cementing or screwing on implants).
Dental implants contraindications
Despite the advantages, there are some contraindications regarding dental implants:
1. The relative contraindications of the dental implants are more permissive, so that patients suffering from conditions that fall into this category must perform a thorough evaluation beforehand. Here are some of the most famous:
- Excessive consumption of alcohol, tobacco or drugs;
- Certain psychiatric or autoimmune diseases;
- Angina pectoris;
2. The absolute contraindications of the dental implants are related to severe general ailments, in which case anesthesia and surgical interventions are not recommended. From this category we mention:
- Advanced psychiatric disorders;
- Active malignant tumors or severe bone diseases;
- Treatment with bisphosphonates for cancer or osteoporosis;
- Radiotherapy to the jaw bones;
- Blood coagulation disorders;
- Valvular heart disease, recent heart attack or severe heart failure;
- Age below 18 years (because the period of growth and formation of the jaw bones has not been completed).
3. The local contraindications of the dental implants can be both related to the general state of health of the patient, as well as to the state of health of the oral cavity. Thus, we can distinguish at the local level several situations in which the patient cannot immediately benefit from a treatment with dental implants, such as:
- Poor oral hygiene;
- The alveolar bone does not have the optimal dimensions to support the dental implant;
- The maxillary sinuses could interfere with the dental implant (in which case the sinus lift operation can be used);
- Hypersensitivity or allergy to the materials from which the implants are made (extremely rare cases).
Frequently asked questions about dental implants
Our specialists in dental surgery and implantology answered the most frequent questions about dental implants.
What analyzes are necessary for dental implant treatment?
In order to perform the dental implant insertion operation, the following analyzes are necessary:
- bleeding time, coagulation time;
- blood count;
- blood sugar;
How long does the insertion of a dental implant take?
If the bone of the jaws is sufficiently thick/resistant, the duration of the operation to insert a dental implant is approximately 20 minutes, the time being longer if bone addition or other additional procedures are needed, such as internal or external sinus lifting and so on.
In the case of full mouth rehabilitations or restorations with same day dental implants and fixed teeth or dentures, the time required to insert the implants is about 2 hours for the mandible and 3 hours for the maxilla, in general.
What type of anesthesia is used for dental implant insertion?
Normally, a simple local anesthesia is sufficient, so that the patient does not feel any pain during the entire operation.
In more complex cases, where several dental implants are needed, and the duration of the intervention is longer, it is possible to opt for inhalation sedation with nitrous oxide or intravenous sedation assisted by an ATI specialist.
Is the dental implant treatment painful?
Through the dental implant insertion technique that we use, our patients do not feel any discomfort during the operation, nor after. You can return to your daily activities immediately after the intervention, following the treatment prescribed by the specialist dentist. Most patients reported that they did not feel any pain, neither during the procedure nor in the days immediately following.
What are the risks of dental implants?
Dental implants are made of 100% biocompatible materials, such as titanium, zirconium or tantalum, which do not interact with the body, in conclusion they cannot be rejected. However, there are extremely rare situations in which the dental implant does not “weld” into the bone, such as:
- there is not enough bone and yet it is decided to insert the implant without adding additional bone (operation called addition or bone augmentation);
- the lack of hygiene of the dental implants by the patient (bacterial plaque accumulates on the implant) can lead to infections and even their loss;
- serious chronic diseases that affect bone quality.
Is age an impediment to dental implants treatment?
Patients under the age of 18 cannot benefit from such a treatment to restore missing teeth. Otherwise, there is no age limit when it comes to dental implant treatment. If the state of health allows, elderly people can benefit from dental implants without any problem, with a success rate of the intervention as high as in the case of young people. For example, the fact that there is a certain bone loss or atrophy does not represent an impediment, in this case a bone addition and possibly a sinus lift, if necessary, or a restoration with a subperiosteal implant can be performed.
How are the prosthesis or crowns on dental implants sanitized?
Prosthetic crowns or dentures on implants is taken care of through a periodic control at the dental office, every 6 months, and through very strict hygiene at home: interdental brushing, oral shower, special dental floss for implants, etc.
How long does a dental implant last?
Dental implants can last for a long time, long-term studies on patients with total edentence (without any teeth) showing a success rate of over 93-95%.
They last in the bone for many years (20 years or even more), provided they are properly taken care of at home, and the patient regularly comes to the dental office for professional cleanings (every 6 months).
Can I have a dental implant if I have diabetes?
Many people suffer from diabetes, which can even lead to the loss of teeth at some point, but if the disease is kept under control under certain conditions, diabetics can benefit from dental crowns or fixed dental prostheses on implants.
Can I have a dental implant if I have periodontitis?
Periodontal disease or periodontitis not treated in time can lead to tooth loss. However, people affected by periodontitis can benefit from dental implants to enjoy fixed teeth and an aesthetic and healthy smile.
Can I have a dental implant if I have osteoporosis?
Patients suffering from osteoporosis can benefit from dental implants, an important condition being not to follow a treatment with bisphosphates to slow down the evolution of the disease. Before performing surgery on a patient undergoing treatment with bisphosphates for osteoporosis, certain conditions must be met and a series of specific analyzes must be carried out, in order to avoid osteonecrosis of the jaw or mandible.
Can I benefit from dental implants if I have severe bone atrophy?
Patients with severe bone resorption in the jaw or mandible can benefit from full mouth rehabilitations with the help of subperiosteal or zygomatic implants.
What is the bone addition for the dental implant?
Bone addition is an additional procedure for increasing bone volume, in case there is insufficient amount to insert dental implants.
For this purpose, various biomaterials 100% biocompatible with the human body are used, such as:
- the patient’s own bone (if it can be harvested);
- animal bone (cattle, pig);
- artificial bone (hydroxyapatite).
The bone must be covered with a protective collagen membrane. At the end of osseointegration, a living, vascularized bone tissue is obtained, which can successfully support a fixed and durable dental crown or prosthesis on implants. Basically, the special screw that takes the place of the missing tooth root is “welded” into the bone and becomes a stable base for prosthetic work.
How is the recovery after dental implant insertion?
Depending on how complex the respective case is, the doctor can prescribe analgesics for pain or drugs to prevent infection, administered as needed. It is very important to follow exactly the recommendations of the dental implantologist. Do not consume medicines without the dental specialist’s approval. In case of swelling or hematoma/bruise, cold compresses applied to the area of the dental implant can also be helpful. Inflammation can be a normal reaction of the body after a surgical intervention of this kind, but not necessarily mandatory. Cold compresses are a classic method at hand to combat local inflammations, so there are no contraindications in this sense. Any hematoma that appears will recede by itself within a maximum of 7-10 days after the dental surgery.
How much does a dental implant cost in Romania?
Cheap versions of the dental implant have appeared on our market, but of dubious quality and uncertain long-term resistance.
Quality dental implants obviously have a higher price, as they present several advantages, such as:
- specially treated surface on which bone cells adhere quickly and easily (forming a structural connection between the living bone and the implant, called osseointegration);
- the connection with the prosthetic abutment is fixed and precise (this way the movement of the implant is prevented);
- special surface, on which the gum can adhere.
Find out what are the factors that influence the cost and price of dental implants in Romania and why the prices for the same type of implant are so different here.
Choosing the dental implant
In Bucharest, there are many dental offices and clinics, which makes the right choice quite difficult for a patient. Patients make two major mistakes when choosing a dental office for implants, these being:
The choice of the dental implant exclusively according to the price
It is normal for patients to consider the costs of this procedure, but what most do not realize is that the price of the dental implant is influenced by the quality of the materials used, a very important aspect to avoid complications that may appear over time.
Let’s take as an example the materials used for dental implants, in our case titanium or zirconium. If 100% pure materials are not used, over time an allergy may develop and complications may appear, and this is just a simple example.
Therefore, choosing the more expensive dental implant (which most of the time can be loaded with a temporary fixed prosthetic work in a maximum of 24 hours) can offer us the guarantee of a quality work, which will last over time and which will protect us from possible complications unwanted. Maybe sometimes this requires a higher financial effort, but, if you make the right choice of dental implants, in time this investment will pay off by eliminating the costs incurred with possible complications that may arise.
The choice of the implant exclusively according to the location
Patients want to go to dental offices or clinics as close as possible to their location and do not necessarily take into account the professional training and experience of the doctors who will treat them. Treatments with dental implants require a lot of study and extensive experience in complex, durable, functional and aesthetic restorations to be effective over time. The fact that the chosen location is close to you does not give you the certainty that that dental office has the necessary equipment and has a dentist experienced in advanced dental implantology.
At the Dental Premier Bucharest clinic, we emphasize safety and quality. The fact that we use the best quality materials, and our specialist doctors frequently participate in conferences and prestigious specialized courses in the country and abroad, is a clear proof that we want to keep up with the latest generation technology and offer patients dental services at the higher standards High Tech Dentistry.
What is the price of a quality dental implant in Bucharest, Romania?
In the Dental Premier clinic Bucharest, patients benefit exclusively from the best premium dental treatments with the latest technology at affordable romanian dental implants price. The price for a high quality INNO implant is now reduced from 600 to 400 eur and the price for a full arch mandible restoration (lower jaw) is now reduced from 3600 to 2800 eur plus the cost of the permanent fixed prosthesis which starts from 3200 eur.
We invite you to consult our complete price list for high quality dental implants treatments in Romania.